Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Would You Sell Your Life?

I just read this article in Yahoo! News about a guy who sold his life on eBay. The sale, which went for a hefty sum, included his "name, phone number and all his possessions, including clothes, CDs, a surfboard, a laptop, a wonky pushbike, childhood photos and a "nice lamp" given to him by an ex-girlfriend." as well as dinner with his parents, introductions to women he might date, and a couple months of follow-up support. What a crazy idea. When I read this, I of course thought,

"Who would want to sell their life?" I guess a lot of people would, especially the parts they're not happy with. But more perplexing is the question,

"Who on earth would spend almost $6000 to buy somebody else's life?" I guess that would depend on whose life it was.

So, let me ask... would you sell your life? Would you sell part of it? Would you buy somebody else's life? Whose life would you buy if you could?

No comments: